Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, November 17, 2008

Dirty Laundry or maybe, Dirty Windows?

.
My mother-in-law shared this story with me. Maybe you've read it before, but it's worth sharing.

A young couple moves into a new neighborhood. The first morning, while they are eating breakfast, the young woman sees the neighbor hang up the wash outside.

"That laundry is not very clean," she said, "she doesn't know how to wash correctly. Perhaps she needs another laundry soap."

The husband looked on, but remained silent.

Every time her neighbor would hang out the wash, the young woman would make the same comment.

About one month later, the woman was surprised to see nice clean wash on the line and said to her husband,

"Look! She has learned how to wash correctly. I wonder who taught her this?"

Her husband said, "I got up early this morning and washed the windows."

And so it is with life: What we see while watching others depends on the purity of the window through which we look.



.

6 comments:

  1. I have not heard that one, what a great story about looking at ourselves instead of others faults.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can say I've never read this or heard it, but I can say I love it! Thanks for sharing this gem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. never heard it either~enjoyed it though!
    r

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that story! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome. I'm going to have to share that with others and remind myself of that story. (blushing). Thanks so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not heard that story...thanks for helping me to look inward.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!